Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's 9:00 in the morning and I'm cooking

So a few days ago I bought a pumpkin fully intending to carve for Halloween.  I was going to put a scary face on in it, put some yummy smelling tea-lights in it, and generally get into the spirit.  What I didn't take into account was how exhausted I was going to be from working long shifts the entire weekend.  Consequently the pumpkin didn't get carved.  What do you do with an un-carved pumpkin.....cook it!

Right now half of the pumpkin is in the oven with butter on it, the other half is waiting to go in and the seeds are being roasted.  Yay!

But wait, that's not the only thing I'm cooking.  My mom got overly ambitiious and started cleaning out the pantry.  Which means my un-opened bottle of chimichuri that I bought last week is on the table, and in serious danger of being tossed unless I open it and put it in the fridge.  So I am cooking up some stuff to put the chimichuri on, (right now it's chicken)  And some of the chicken I'm going to make into chicken salad and take to mom at work and no one will be the wiser.

P.S.
I should never eat the French Silk pie from Perkins ever again.  I am sicker than a dog this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment